Strawberry, Banana, and Blueberry Shortcake
- 1 box of white cake mix plus ingredients as recommended on back of box
- 3 tbsp red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 1 3.4 oz box of Banana Cream Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
- 1 8 oz tub of Whipped Topping
- 1 cup whole milk
- 25 fresh blueberries
- 16 strawberries - cut in half
- 2 bananas - cut into circle
- First start by preparing your cake. To do this follow the directions on the back of the cake mix box for a 13x9 inch pan. To the batter, fold in 3 tbsp of sprinkles. Transfer batter to a greased 13x9 baking dish and bake until completely done according to package instructions.
- While the cake is cooking in the oven, begin to prepare your "topping." In a large bowl, whisk together the banana cream instant pudding with 1 cup of milk. Fold in a container of whipped topping until evenly combined. Cover and refrigerate while waiting for the cake to cook and cool completely.
- Because we are using a pudding based topping and fresh fruit, it is best to assemble this cake right before it is served. To do this, spread the pudding mixture you created earlier on top of the cooled cake. Then slice your fruit and arrange on top of the pudding mixture in a "flag" pattern in honor of the Fourth of July.
Jack's Suggested Wine Pairing
Quinta das Carvalhas' 10 Year Tawny Port
About This Wine
This tawny port features deep aromas of caramel, sundried raisins and baking spices that contribute to a medium-bodied palate, with medium sweetness and a long candied brown sugar finish.